Are you looking for the best fabric markers? Are you struggling to find a fabric marker that actually works properly?
If you are reading this, then you already know just how important it is to have the right marker for the job. And now, it is time to find out which brand is the best in its field! Well, this is where I come in with my ultimate guide.
My name is Jen, and I am head over heels mad for everything to do with sewing and obviously accessorizing my studio. I know how hard it is to find the right tools for the job, therefore I have focused my time to review all the gadgets that I use personally, including of course the fabric markers.
Let me take you through the best of the best in the fabric marker world!
My Top Pick and the BEST SELLER!
Best Fabric Markers 2020 Comparison Chart
Please SCROLL if on mobile!
Please SCROLL if on mobile!
How to Use Fabric Marker
For every new project and especially if you are about to use a new marker to paint with, you must remember to prep the compatibility of the marker with the fabric.
Prep the Fabric:
Make sure to wash and press the fabric thoroughly, in order to ensure that the fabric is clean and ready to go. You can use a stretch arm, or simply secure the material on a flat surface with masking tape. That way you make sure that the fabric is evenly surfaced and you can begin the fun.
How to Test the Fabric Marker:
Test out your new marker before starting any new project. This will allow you to ensure that the marker is compatible with the material that you are about to work on. Bear in mind that some of the material can absorb the paint faster than others.
When testing, make sure to start with a small section first. Wait for the paint to dry and test for timing and transferability. Once you are familiar with the marker and the fabric’s compatibility, you are ready to go!
How to Use Fabric Markers on T-Shirt
Fabric Markers are most commonly used for designing T-Shirts. Every one of us crafty fanatics loves to be creative and we love to express that creativity to the fullest. However, how do we use the fabric marker on a T-Shirt. Easy!
- Prepare the T-Shirt as mentioned above and place a flat sheet of cardboard in between the layers of the shirt. This will ensure that the paint will not transfer across to the back section of the shirt.
- Smooth out and secure the fabric in place.
- If you have a stencil or pre-drawn picture for the T-Shirt design, then place it underneath of the material, so you can easily trace it on the top
- Prepare your marker, same way as I mentioned in the previous section, and test its compatibility with the fabric.
- For best results and to increase the longevity of the fresh design, cover it with a sheet of baking paper and run a warm iron over the top for no longer than 2 minutes.
- Tip: Make sure to always wash in cold water and do not tumble dry!
Final Thoughts On The Best Fabric Markers Reviews
I understand that choosing the best fabric marker may be a small thing to some people, but not for me. And that’s how I look at all of the tools that I use in my studio.
I hope that my information has helped you to choose the best marker for the fabric and your work will go on smoothly as it should.
Over to you:
Which of the markers that I have listed above do you already have or tried in the past?
If you have any other suggestions, please do not hesitate in leaving us with some tips in the comments below.
For more reading, check out my post about: